Monday, October 27, 2014

Grey Matters



One thing I love about fall fashion is layering. When you live in a crazy-cold climate like I do, layering is a must to keep warm! My scarf collection is growing and my latest addition is this cozy Chandi infinity scarf I picked up at Bamboo Ballroom on my birthday last week and since it was my bday this purchase was totally warranted ; ) I chose to pair it with my classic leather jacket I bought at Nordstrom Rack a year ago while in California for 50% off (score!) I have to admit that I love wearing black and grey, I'd say 75% of my closet is made up of clothing in this monochromatic scheme. It's just so easy to mix these neutral colors with other pieces. What about you? Do you like wearing more neutral colors or brighter hues or both? ; )

leather jacket - June via Nordstrom Rack, t-shirt - James Perse, jeans - Rachel Roy, 
booties - Vince Camuto via DSW, scarf - Chandi via Bamboo Ballroom
purse - Rebecca Minkoff via Shopbop, ring - H & M

Stylist Tip: You don't need to spend an arm and a leg on a leather/faux leather jacket, there are many out there for under $100.00.  If I didn't already have a leather jacket in my closet, I'd be picking up this one from Zara, in stores, (I checked this morning and it's sold out online! It was still there yesterday...darn it!)


10 comments:

J. said...

Love this outfit. Looks really great on you. I love grey...wish it looked better on me :)
:) J.

Closet Fashionista said...

Love that jacket on you! Greyscale looks are always so fun, because you can play with the different shades from white all the way to black.
(I agree, that Zara one is awesome! :D)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Elizabeth Victoria Clark said...

Your hair looks so so so amazing. Love the layering as well - so perfect for fall! x E

Elizabeth Victoria Clark

Marie a la Mode said...

Thank you Elizabeth!! My hair stylists are pretty awesome ; )

xoxo

Northern Style Exposure said...

Love that jacket! Great find!

Sabrina said...

Love the mix of casual and edgy with the leather jacket and grey tones!

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Marie a la Mode said...

Thank you ladies! xo

Sonya Thaniya said...

super great outfit :)

http://sonya-thaniya.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

got that scarf today, it is cozy maroon and I love it thanks!

Marie a la Mode said...

Anonymous: That's great!!! Glad you love it!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)