Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January

 Wearing: jacket - ASOS (old), top and pants - Motherhood Maternity, boots - Vince Camuto, 
               purse - Topshop (old), scarf - Simons, ring - Material Girl via The Bay

This is my go-to coat I wear when it's not -30 outside ; ) I can't do it up over my belly but that's ok!


Not to sound too much like a Debbie Downer but there's something about January that doesn't sit right with me. It never has. I think January is kind of a bit of a let-down after Christmas holidays full of good food, gifts, family gatherings, visits with friends, Netflix binges (The Good Wife in particular), morning sleep-ins, reading books by the fire, etc. When it gets cold here and the days get shorter starting in November it's fine, because we have Christmas to look forward to! We LIKE snow for Christmas! But once January hits and the temperature drops and you know the winter is going to be a long one, I feel so "ughhh" and can't wait for spring! I know I'm not the only one! It's difficult to get back into a routine after a bit of time off, isn't it? It seems like the holidays flew by so quickly. And it's hard to get up in the dark and go to work when all you want to do is hibernate until March ; ). Not to mention, Baby will be here in less than 3 months and we are so not ready!!

On a more positive note, I'm going to try my best to not let the weather and shorter days prevent me from getting out of the house, exercising, going on lunch dates with friends, date nights with the hubby and making sure I get plenty of vitamin D so I don't suffer from cabin fever. And maybe, just maybe, (once I can admit I'm still in denial December is over) I will put away my Christmas decorations before Valentine's Day ; ).

5 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha, I know what you mean! January is like when you come back from vacation and wish you were still there. But it's much longer than usual vacation blues :p
Love that coat! The detailing on the arms is so cool
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I usually always wear my grey version of that ASOS jacket open - I love the way it looks! And I know what you mean about January always sort of feeling like a let down...

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Esther Ivy said...

Beautiful baby bump and loving the fresh face.x

J. said...

Love your bump and your boots :)
Great post!
:) J.

Face to Curls said...

You look great and oh those shoes!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)