Confession: I am not a baker. And I tend to veer towards the uncomplicated recipes (aka less than 10 ingredients). That's just me. If you can relate, you will enjoy today's recipe. These are the easiest cookies you will ever make! AND they're vegan and gluten-free. But not taste-free so don't you worry ; ).
- 2 cups of sugar (yes it's a lot of sugar but everything in moderation, right?!)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 hemp milk or any other non-dairy "milk" (I used coconut almond milk)
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine (or Earth Balance)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- gluten free cooking oats - but don't cook them! (I used gf steel cut oats.)
1. In a saucepan combine sugar, coca, milk and margarine over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Stir.
2. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Scoop rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper. Allow cookies to cool at least 1 hour.
4. Store in airtight container.