Monday, December 21, 2015

7 Months: Pregnancy Update


I'm officially in my 3rd trimester (what?!) so I thought I'd post a little pregnancy update. 

How far along? 28 weeks/7 months. Time is FLYING by!

Best moment this week? Feeling the baby kicking and moving his hands and feet at the same time, on the left side of my belly and the right side. Usually I just feel one or the other so it was really cool to feel both!

Symptoms? Tiredness, swollen ankles at the end of the day, itchy skin, frequent trips to the bathroom, acne (still), night sweats from time to time, also my b**bs have gone from a C cup to a DD! Crazy! Sorry if that was too much information but I can't deny what's happening with my big bosom. It's outta control. Also, I found out I have hypothyroidism which has made me really tired so I have to take medication for that unfortunately :(. But hopefully the meds will help with my energy level.

Activity? I've been doing 3 barre classes a week at Barre Body Studio and I'm feeling great about that! Barre is keeping me toned while I watch my weight on the scale go up and up each week and being active makes me feel better, keeps me strong. My belly gets in the way of some of the exercises but I just modify the moves. I can't lay on my back for the ab work so I just do something else during that time. I'm still not teaching and I miss that but hopefully I'll be back as an instructor a few months after the baby is born.



Food cravings? Still waffles and eggs. Also, I've been making gluten-free, vegan pizza a lot lately!

Food aversions? Not really....

Weight gain? Almost 30 lbs.

Stretch marks? Not on my belly, I've been using my homemade, organic belly butter, putting it everywhere. However, I apparently missed a spot because I developed stretch marks in my RIGHT ARM PIT!! Because my b**bs were growing like weeds as mentioned above and the skin in there was stretching. Who gets stretch marks in their armpits when they're pregnant?? This girl does. So now I've been applying my cream there. Don't forget the pits, ladies!!

Gender? It's a boy!

Labor signs? No not yet, thank goodness.

Belly button in or out? Halfway in, halfway out ; )

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach and having energy. Although I did last 'til 1:30 a.m. at my BFF's Christmas party a couple of weeks ago ; )

What I'm looking forward to? Meeting him and seeing what and who he looks like, holding him in my arms. I'm also looking forward to seeing my husband with our baby.

Milestones? Way more movement than last month. I can actually see my belly move sometimes when he's kicking!

Bump? Yup, a big one! Well I think it's big ; ) A stranger asked me if he was a Christmas present the other day. I had to tell her I still have 3 months left!

Thank you for reading! I'm not sure if I'll have another blog post up before Christmas so I will wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year now! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, spent with those close to your hearts.

xo

For those of you wondering I am wearing a Motherhood Maternity top, Thyme Maternity jacket, Bench toque and Chandi scarf


10 comments:

Melanie Liliana said...

You look amazing Marie! So great you're doing barre too!

Courtney Erin said...

Wow, this is such an exciting time for you! Shaun and I are trying right now so I love reading all your little updates - it's like a little snap shot of some of things that I might expect. And you are looking seriously gorgeous - I know it's a cliche but you really are glowing.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Marie a la Mode said...

Melanie: Thank you so much! xo

Courtney: That's so exciting!! And thank you : ) xoxo

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayyy!! So exciting!! At least your annoyances aren't too bad in the grand scheme of things :) So amazing that you're still doing your barre classes! I don't think I could keep working out with a big tummy :P (not that I work out now...hah)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Annick said...

UM, WHERE have I beeeen! Congratulations girl!! I'm so happy for you and your husband. And also, you look absolutely radiant.

FelyM said...

that's so exciting..i'm so happy for you...and you are so beautiful..always more beautiful
kisses

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe said...

You look absolutely amazing! What a beautiful bump!
Merry Christmas, Marie!

Unknown said...

Looking amazing as usual Marie!

Marie a la Mode said...

Thank you everyone for your very sweet comments, I appreciate all of them!

xoxoxo

J. said...

Looking amazing Marie :) Loving your bump!!
:) J.

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)