Tuesday, September 29, 2015

BIG NEWS!


I can't believe it's been over two months since I last posted. I am so sorry I've been absent from the blog, this is the longest I've gone without writing since starting Marie a la Mode five and a half years ago. But I have a really good excuse!
I've been busy growing a human inside of me! That's right - my husband and I are expecting a baby in March! We are very excited! (Scared and nervous, too, but that's okay.) It's been SO hard for me keeping this a secret from you guys and I'm so glad I can finally share the good news with you : ). I can't believe there's a little human developing in my belly, I mean how weird/cool/creepy/AMAZING is science?? My first trimester was pretty brutal, I was extremely tired, I got sick every morning (major puke fests) and the nausea lasted ALL. DAY. LONG. (Don't know why it's called "morning sickness" when it sticks around 24/7 grrrrrr.) Even though it was awful what made it easier was knowing that these symptoms are signs of a healthy baby and that everything was working as it should. That being said, I just didn't have any energy to take outfit photos or blog, I had to take a break from teaching barre (I miss it so much!), and just REST. I was basically MIA for three months. But now that I'm in my second trimester I am feeling much better, I have way more more energy and I am BACK to blogging! And I'm so happy I'll be able to share this incredible journey with you guys :) I've missed you! xo




Wearing: Jacket - June, via Nordstrom Rack, long-sleeved shirt - GAP, stretchy pants - Motherhood Maternity, boots - Steve Madden, scarf - Bamboo Ballroom, bag - 3.1 Phillip Lim c/o Shopbop

11 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

I'm soooo excited for you!! Congratulations!!!!!! :D :D
I actually gasped with excitement when I saw on Instagram
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Marie a la Mode said...

Awwww thank you so much Megan!!! xoxo

mizztraveller said...

Congrats for you pregnancy

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe said...

I'm SO excited for you! Glad to hear you're feeling better - 3 months of morning...er, all day sickness sounds absolutely awful! You look so cute with a bump!

Courtney Erin said...

That's such majorly exciting news!!!! Congrats!!!!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Unknown said...

I was just thinking of you the other day because I saw you in a commercial! Congratulations! You look amazing!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! That's the best kind of news :)

J. said...

Love these pics. YOU ARE GLOWING :)
Very very excited for you and D. :)
:) J.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Looking forward to some chic maternity wear posts.
EverRose.com

Lima said...

I was wondering where you'd have disappeared off to! And now I know. Congrats girl! Baby due in March, the best babies are born then! (I'm biased as my birthday is in March, teehee).

Looking forward to reading more about your pregnancy journey! :)

Lima

xo

Lucie said...

Bravo!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)