dress - Banana Republic Outlet necklace and ring - F21 shoes - Aldo tights - Walmart
Happy New Year! Like my last post, I'm a little late in posting these pics but better late than never right? This outfit was not what I planned on wearing for our friends' house party but I changed my mind at the last minute and slipped into this dress ten minutes before we had to leave. I got it at a Banana Republic outlet for about $30 during Boxing Week. It was regularly $80.00 so I did good! D. and I spent our New Year's Eve with friends, food, drinks and Michael Jackson's "The Experience" on the Wii which is SO much fun by the way! (I may or may not have won a little dance-off to "Smooth Criminal.")
Cheers! With my friends Kristin and Danna
Kristin always decorates her house beautifully
This is how the Canadians throw down!
Getting the champagne ready
Ringing in 2011 with a delicious melon ball cocktail my friend Jared made me
I usually don't make any New Year's resolutions, I stopped a long time ago when I vowed to stop biting my nails and failed miserably but the sweet Sisi tagged me and I thought, "why not?" It's good to have goals. So here they are:
1. Learn how to cook. I mean really cook. Not just spaghetti, salads and quesadilla's, I'm talking full-on RECIPES! My friends, my aunts, have all given me cook books in the past few months (hint hint?) and they've been collecting dust on my book shelf. I want to put them to use this year!
2. Become a better Vegetarian. I'm the worst. I hate tofu and fake meat (besides the veggie ground round) and I don't eat fish. Not knowing how to cook doesn't help either although D. makes some delicious meals for me if he doesn't get home from work too late during the week. I also find it difficult to fit all the proper nutrients into my diet every day. But I'm going to try to eat better and make more of an effort to be a healthy non meat-eater.
3. Get outside more (when it's warmer than minus 20 degrees celsius.) I work inside, I work-out inside, I'm always inside. I need to enjoy the fresh air more often, not just when I'm walking to and from my car.
4. Take my blog to the next level.
5. Learn how to use my Nikon D3000 DSLR camera, beyond the automatic setting.
6. Stop spending so much money on clothes and makeup. Enough said.
7. Live life to the fullest each day. After attending two funerals in two weeks over the holidays, one of them being that of a ten year old child's, really made me take a look at myself and my life and the people in it. And how it could all end in a flash. I don't want to have any regrets and I want my family and friends to know how much they mean to me so I'm not going to be afraid or hesitant to tell them often. And instead of daydreaming or thinking about all I have to do that day while in the middle of a random conversation I'm having with someone (we all do it!) I'm going to actually listen instead of pretending to. Because I can certainly take time out of my busy day to do just that.
8. I'll stop at 7 because that's my lucky number.
I tag all of you to make a post about your 2011 goals. Even if it's just one thing you want to accomplish this year, write it down or post about it and make it happen!
I also want to thank you for all your support and comments on my blog these past few months. I appreciate it more than you know!