Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Juice Cleanse With GLOW Juicery


About a week and a half ago I embarked on a one-day juice cleanse with GLOW Juicery. Since juice cleanses are all the rage right now and you may be contemplating participating in one yourself, I thought I'd share my experience with you here on my blog. I've been juicing for awhile now (click here if you're unfamiliar with the process) and was so happy to hear that Edmonton's first juice bar, GLOW Juicery will be opening October 1st at Whitemud Crossing! It's about TIME Edmonton set up shop! (They were everywhere when I was in California.) I was a little intimidated to start out with a 3-day cleanse, which is a pretty normal length for a juice cleanse so I thought I'd begin with a 1-day one, since I'd never done a cleanse before. The night before I started, the lovely Marnie Ashcroft, owner of GLOW, delivered 6 fresh and unique juices right to my door with a guide outlining which juice I should drink and when and how to prepare my body before beginning my cleanse and how to treat it afterwards. Even though I was allowed a salad for lunch (no dressings allowed, other than Apple Cider Vinegar or fresh lemon) I had a lot of hunger pains throughout the day, which is totally normal but were a bit uncomfortable for me. Fortunately that was the only negative side effect I had. I also had to pee a lot. Like, a lot, which was really good because I felt like I was ridding my body of toxins, which I was doing! I loved that. The juices were delicious, too. My favorite was the Earthly Glow which consisted of apples, beets, carrots, cucumbers and ginger. The 1-day cleanse was a nice glimpse into how a juice cleanse can de-toxify your body and bring it back to optimal health. I would do one again but next time I'd push myself with a 2 or 3-day cleanse. Meanwhile, I am happy to purchase bottles of fresh GLOW juices to drink daily when I don't have time to juice myself. GLOW makes it easy and convenient for me to do so with their new store opening up! For more information on juice cleanses and about purchasing bottles from GLOW you can click here. They are also on Facebook and Twitter.


 

4 comments:

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe said...

Yes! I can't wait until Glow Juicery opens as I have been itching to try their juices. I've only ever juiced at home, so I'm eager to try juices from a juicery. I've also been considering trying a cleanse too. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Melanie said...

I love reading posts like this one. I am thinking about doing a cleanse!

www.ipinkiloveyou.com

Lauren Lanza Osias said...

Yay, to super health!! I've never actually committed to a full blown juice cleanse, I detox on the regular, but I know that when I get hungry I get mean. Then I get a headache of epic proportions, but I love juicing and I often have them as my breakfast or snack, but all day juicing seems nearly impossible for me.

xoxoxo
Lauren
(check out my new site, i'd love to know what you think!)

Unknown said...

I've been wondering about cleanses for awhile now...but I'm scared to mess up my metabolism!! I know that eating 1000ish calories can really slow things down...and yoyo dieting can slow it down permanently...I'm not sure if juice cleanses are enough to throw it off? I'm thinking of asking my doctor, if I remember..haha!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)