Monday, September 10, 2012

Comfy Casual




boyfriend jeans - KUT (from Black & Bold), tank - H & M, shoes - Converse, handbag - Christopher Kon (from Winners), star necklace - Loft 82, other jewelry - H & M, sunglasses - Clearly Contacts

I'll let you in on a little secret: as much as I love dressing up and putting on a cute dress and heels, I enjoy dressing down even more. This is a typical weekend outfit for me. Jeans, a tank, comfy shoes - in this case my new slip-on Converse sneakers - and minimal jewelry. I wore this on Saturday while babysitting my nephews for the day with my Mom. (Thanks Mom for taking these pictures!) I have to dress comfortably when my day is spent crawling on the floor, playing in the park and racing up (and rolling down) hills. That little boy in the photo with me is my 4 year old nephew Kayden, who wanted to pose with his Auntie Ree ; ). I can't believe he's four years old already and starting pre-school tomorrow! Time really does fly. It zooms! He now weighs almost half as much as I do and his head is bigger than mine. (I measured.)

How was your weekend?




16 comments:

Unknown said...

you look so lovely! Being comfy is the best :)

Closet Fashionista said...

I love comfy looks like this!! Perfect for frolicking with kids over the weekend :)
(your nephew is so cute!)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

JennaStevie said...

Very cute casual look! I love the boyfriend jeans and converse, converse are always awesome! Your nephew is adorable
xJennaD

Courtney Erin said...

I really love this casual look on you - and you still look so perfectly put together.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Luxx Mint said...

I love that you measured his head - I do that sort of thing too :D

Sounds like you had great fun.

Luxx Mint

Melanie Liliana said...

I love your Converse! I have always wanted a pair .. I need to get some! and obv I love this look! I can't seem to part with my boyfriend jeans! ps. my shoes are still for sale on Aldo! (I don't know if you're these sizes though.. )

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/clearance/womens-sandals/wedges/88040727-hardney/28

Ivana said...

Lovely outfit, and the bag is gorgeous.

Ivana
http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

The Style Storm said...

Love this look! Casual but chic at the same time! Huge fan of your blog :)

www.thestylestorm.com

Erin at thesparkle.net said...

couldn't agree more - dressing down is a secret fave for me, too! p.s: i'm also from edmonton, but have lived in vancouver for 8 years. love to see you rep!

http://www.thesparkle.net

J. said...

Love this look :) You look amazing in everything that you wear. Great pictures. Love the one with you and Kayden-he is way too cute!!!

Samm said...

Love the boyfriend jeans :)

With love, Samm
www.afterstylecomesfashion.com

Beckerman Girls said...

Your nephew is soooooo cute!!!! LOVE that your mom took these pics...they are awwwesome! Our rents sometimes take our photos too!!! Your jeans rock!!! Cool blog darlin!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

supercool casual style! and you look happy - that's brightens up each outfit!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Mimi said...

you look so beautiful, even in casual wear! :D and kayden is such a little cutie! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Mile End Bakery Giveaway: Win a dozen cookies of your choice!
Open internationally: Win a set of temporary tattoos!

Anonymous said...

so cute and chic, Marie! As usual it looks effortless ;)

Rebecca Jane said...

Love the casual but still stylish look of this outfit. And it doesn't hurt to pose with a sweet nephew too!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)