Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cococo



maxi dress - Obey, from Bamboo Ballroom, chambray - KUT from Black & Bold, sandals - F21, all accessories - H & M

I wore this outfit to meet my friends at a chocolate cafe this past weekend. Yes, you read that right - a CHOCOLATE CAFE, aka HEAVEN! It's called Cocoo Chocalatiers. Although I didn't have any chocolate while I was there (I know, am I crazy??) besides a tiny truffle sample, I opted for the vanilla cherry gelato which was amazing, just like it sounds. It was so hot that day, like 30 degrees celsius (side note - when I was eight years old I swore I'd name my future daughter "Celsius," luckily that was just a passing phase along with wearing my clothes inside out and backwards, a la Kris Kross circa 1991) but there was air-conditioning inside the cafe so I had to make sure I was prepared for the difference in temps. So I opted for a slinky, breathable mid-maxi dress for outside and a light, chambray shirt to layer over it when I was inside. It's all about the layers! Especially when you live in Canada ; ). 

               Janis & Caroline and my vanilla cherry gelato (yum!)

 

24 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

A chocolate cafe?!!!! *dead* I want one of those, ha ha....
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Unknown said...

ur always so cute!

JennaStevie said...

I love this maxi dress, and that necklace is so awesome Marie :)
It was so nice to chat with you ladies!
xJennaD

Courtney Erin said...

I love that dress with the top layered over it - a perfect hot weather outfit. And I laughed out loud at your Kris Kross reference - something about those guys always cracks me up.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

Unknown said...

hey I would like to say hi from theGlowMakeUpArtist...Im going to start this in English...hope you like it and become a follower...haha

Love your blog by the way

Sandy Joe said...

I think you need to revive the inside out backwards clothing... it is time! And Celsius would be a rad children's name.

x The Pretty Secrets

Melanie Liliana said...

chocolate cafe? I DIE. I love the outfit!! I'm also loving the other outfits too! That anchor dress is to die for!

iambornlippy.blogspot.com

love jenny xoxo said...

you look gorgeous girl!

Love Jenny XOXO

J. said...

Your post made my mouth water!!!! Literally!
Love the casual look and I LOVE the necklace!
Fun post!
:) J.

Marlen said...

hahah oh my gosh did i laugh at the celcius bit- you are so cute. and that cafe sounds aaamazing; more of those need to pop up in the world. though i was totally judging you when i read that you didn't get any chocolate but you made up for it with the gelatto :)

and adorable dress!

Northern Style Exposure said...

Love the layers! I may need to go try this place!

www.northernstyle.blog.com

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely look!
The maxi dress is perfection!

xoxox,
CC

Mimi said...

ohmygosh, i would love love love to go to a chocolate cafe! :D the vanilla cherry gelato looks delicious, btw. it looks perfect for summer! :D

p.s. i love your outfit! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
The Madelaine Chocolate Company Giveaway
Open internationally: Spirit Ink Tattoo Giveaway

Unknown said...

Love it! it is so laid back chic!! the gelato looks so yummy :)

I am having a giveaway in blog by the way.. ;)

Tesa said...

cute!

Luxx Mint said...

I love the mid length maxi and wow that ice cream looks divine!


Luxx Mint

Anonymous said...

Cute midi dress. Love the chambray shirt worn over it.

Ashleigh said...

So perfect: easy, breezy & beautiful! Oh, and my mouth is watering.

danielle said...

you have such a pretty face! love how you show it off with the top knot (that's my favorite summer hair do)!

White Bazaar said...

Love you dress! Chocolate cafe sounds amazing! x

Cathy said...

Fun casual look! Loving the topknot! Just discovered your blog. Fabulous style, girl! You remind of Nicole Richie :)

http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

Giovanna said...

Cute look! Loving your chambray and necklace!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

Anonymous said...

that chocolate cafe sounds amazing, just right up my alley!! You're looking super effortlessly chic there!

Ashley, Lions Lace Lattes said...

I want to steal this outfit! That dress looks so comfy and I love the chambray with it. Also love the top knot.

xo Ashley

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)