Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Into The Light



blazer - H & M, dress - thrifted, shoes - Aldo, purse + earrings - Banana Republic, rings - H & M and The Bay
photos by D.

This blazer is one of my favorite pieces in my closet, a staple I'll have forever which will never go out of style. (I love clothing like that!) And I think it was only $50 at H & M so SCORE! The dress is a cheapy little thing I bought for $10 if I remember correctly. Another score ; ).

How was your weekend? Mine was busy but productive and we had amazing, warm weather so I definitely took advantage of it by having a slurpee every day ; ). I wasn't looking forward to yesterday (Monday) because I had my first of two root canals yesterday. People, if you're getting a root canal do NOT google "root canal photos" before your appointment, it will invoke a type of fear you never thought existed. Even your teeth will be scared. I was in the chair practically shaking beforehand, thinking about what they were about to do but to be honest with you, it wasn't all that bad! I couldn't feel a thing. Except my jaw was sore when the dentist left me in the chair with a dental dam in my mouth for 15 minutes and I had to keep my mouth open the whole time. Like this:


No, this is NOT me, I don't have a moustache (that I know of), I got this photo off Google. Anyways, he just got up and left me there! I thought he had forgotten about me but he didn't. He eventually came back and fixed me up and I went on my way! With a very sore jaw.



16 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

That picture horrified me...just a little bit. I hope the procedure went okay and you weren't too uncomfortable. On a happier note, I absolutely adore that blazer on you - you look great!


Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

J. said...

AMAZING photos!!! Love how the light is hitting you Marie-you look stunning! Like the blazer paired with the dress! Happy to hear that all went well yesterday with your appointment!
:) J.

love jenny xoxo said...

love the outfit and that bag, super cute!

Bummer about the root canal, never had one, but I know cavities sucks so that must have too!

XOXO

Unknown said...

Now that you are saying this I have to think that the dentist that did mine was not a good dentist. My root canal job hurt horrible even with the anesthesia. I left the office just mortified. If I ever need another one I'm gonna make sure I tell them to put lots of anesthesia, I do not want to go thru that pain again.

Marie a la Mode said...

Sue: Oh my God, I'm so sorry to hear that! You must have been in a lot of pain. They should have freezed you more. You need to get another dentist, you shouldn't have felt anything!

Melanie Liliana said...

I'm glad you had a better experience than me with the root canal! I had one done a couple years ago.. and it went wrong 3 times! For some reason my roots were really unusually long and the dentist never took it all out. I was chewing gum a couple days later.. and I guess i had it right on my root and it was the WORST pain I have ever endured! Finally after the 3rd it was ok! AHHH it scares me just thinking about it!

Cute outfit btw.. haha :)

Closet Fashionista said...

I love that blazer!! And that dress was such a score!! Wahoo!! :D AND yaow...I hope I never have to get a root canal...
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Dress Me Dearly said...

I can't believe you posted that dental damn photo.... I can't stop laughing. hahahaha!

www.dressmedearly.com

Anonymous said...

looking good, as always!

Hope you're feeling better with your tooth.. I've never been fond of dentists!

Luxx Mint said...

That is a scary picture! Glad it went well though.

Your looking very chic in your blazer dress combination!

The doll on fashion

Jeane M. said...

I just love your style. The dress and the blazer really is fab. Got my eye on your style ideas now. buy aion accounts here

Marie a la Mode said...

Dress Me Dearly: Just keeping it real! ; )

Sandy Joe said...

Horrifying! I hope the procedure went well. Sad I never got to speak to you on Friday - the store was a mad house!

x The Pretty Secrets

Catita said...

wow you are looking so classy and pretty! But that last picture!? WTH...hahaha! Glad all went well!
xoxo
CAtita

TILTE said...

I worked in a dental office for 2.5 years and I've never seen a dental dam! Is that something that's used for all dental procedures in Canada?

And yes, googling images of ANY procedure you're about to have done is a BAD IDEA..

JennaStevie said...

BAH you seem to be having the worst luck with having to have stuff done to your poor teeth!! The dentist is never fun.
I googled images of my surgery after some and before others....NOT a good idea.
I love this blazer, I can definitely see why it's a staple in your closet, it looks great with this dress too :)
xJennaD

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)