Thursday, May 21, 2015

MAKE UP FOR EVER New Products Review


L to R: MAKE UP FOREVER Flat Round Brush #156 $45,  

Most of you know I'm a beauty junkie so it won't be a surprise when I tell you how excited I was when I received a couple of new products from MAKE UP FOR EVER in the mail to try: the Pro Sculpting Duo and their Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer.
1 of ten specially designed primers that target specific skin concerns (check out the rest here), the Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer is magic! Not only is it super-hydrating but it held my foundation (I used MFE's High Definition Foundation, a favorite of mine) all day long and helped my skin to appear more even all around, for a flawless finish. It feels like a moisturizer when you put it on your skin. I'm a big fan of this primer!

The Pro Sculpting Duo (available in two shades - Pink Beige and Golden, above is the Golden compact) is perfect for contouring, highlighting and sculpting. It seriously feels like silk on your skin, is very sheer and is easy to blend and build upon. I used the MAKE UP FOR EVER flat round brush #156 to apply the darker color under my cheekbones, on my forehead, chin and nose and the highlighter on my cheeks, in the inner corner of my eyes and under my eyebrows. The duo gave my face a nice, healthy glow. I do not consider the darker shade a true bronzer, I find the color pay-off to be a bit soft but on the plus side it leaves a real, natural finish.

(My lips are always dry, thanks climate! Ugh.)

Above is a natural, every day makeup look, with no filter or edits but taken with a flash. I used all of the MFE products mentioned above. I know I have high cheekbones to begin with but the Pro Sculpting Duo really made them pop. I use a lot of MAC products but MFE has sure been giving MAC a run for their money lately. I'm a big fan of their products and these items will be permanent staples in my makeup kit from now on ; ). How can they not when they make my skin look so hydrated and dewy in such a dry climate I live in? ; )

2 comments:

FelyM said...

very nice make up

Courtney Erin said...

I've been in the market for a new primer and this one sounds great!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)