Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes: Best & Worst Dressed

Ok, so instead of "Best and Worst Dressed" let's call this my "Favorite and Least Favorite Dressed Celebs" at the 2014 Golden Globes. ("Worst" is such a harsh word, isn't it?) I think Zooey Deschanel looked amazing  in this soft, romantic and feminine Oscar de la Renta dress. Reese Witherspoon's teal Calvin Klein dress was my favorite, it really complimented her hair and skin tone and Cate Blanchett, wearing a black, lace Armani dress looked absolutely stunning. Her hair style and accessories pulled this look together perfectly.

My least favorite: Julia Roberts in Dolce & Gabanna. I mean, she wore a buttoned up shirt for heaven's sake! She looks too casual and too covered-up. I would expect someone like Diane Keaton to wear something like this, not Julia Roberts. Sandra Bullock's color-blocking Prabal Gurung dress just didn't do anything for me and Paula Patton looked like she was hiding a person under those ruffles in Stephane Rolland Couture. Not a fan! 

Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? What did you think? I thought the best part about the show wasn't the fashion, the best part was Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting, don't you think? They were hilarious! Those two should host every single awards show from now on! I'll start a petition ; ).

8 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Cate Blanchett was my favorite! But I loved Reese too, such a pretty color for her
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Courtney Erin said...

Amy and Tina were brilliant - as always - and they were on my dressed list as well. I think my absolute favourites were Amy Adams and Lupita Nyong'o...those capes!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Unknown said...

I am wondering who advises Sandra Bullock. Her dress at the people's chose awards wasn't good either. And she is so great!

Callie said...

My picks exactly! I loved Reese Witherspoon's dress so much, I'm considering doing something similar for a wedding dress!

Esther Ivy said...

Lol at Paula Patton looking like she was hiding someone under the raffles haha. Well she's also on my list of worst dressed this year. My favourite looks from the show is now up on the blog, make sure you check it out :)

xx

Catita said...

Cate by far!!! But it is also due to my admiration for her, she is always chic and stunning!
xoxo
Catita

lauren said...

My best dressed were Emilia Clarke, Olivia Wilde, and Lupita Nyong. And my worst dressed were Zooey, Sandra and Taylor Schilling. Paula was pretty bad too!

Overall it was a fun night for fashion, nothing too crazy.

xo
Lauren | Blissful Happenings

Kerri said...

at first i didn't like sandra's dress either but it grew on me. i think she's so beautiful and i loved those colors on her. but she could wear anything and i'd probably grow to like it! :) i didn't like julia's dress either at all.

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)