Friday, September 27, 2013

Just Sayin'.....

Remember when this Versace dress Jennifer Lopez wore to the 2000 Grammys made you gasp, it was so shocking? I mean, you can see her boobies! Oh how far we've come since then. (See Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball video.) I'm just wondering, since basically every mainstream female singer feels they need to dress and perform like a stripper (Miley, Rihanna, etc.) to stay on top, what will shock us next, in terms of fashion? In videos, awards shows and/or on the red carpet? Anything? You can't get any more naked than being naked! (But slightly covered, to leave nothing at all a little bit to the imagination.) Is naked the new black? God I hope not. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Have a great weekend! 


 

4 comments:

Joelle From Canada said...

The whole less is more trend is awful in my opinion. A women doesn't have to dress provocatively to look sexy. It bothers me that as a society nothing is shocking anymore. I specifically am bored to death of the see through or netted evening gowns with the star wearing underwear that is showing though. Also I wish I could "unsee" the Wrecking Ball video. Stars like Miley are being followed by young teen-aged girls and should be setting an example instead of violating inanimate objects.
www.clothesbutnotquite.com

Unknown said...

I am a singer/ songwriter and it is so disappointing to see how the music industry has turned out. What it is consider"goodmusic" these days which to me os garbage

Ariel said...

i'm glad you made a post like this! it is scary to think about what all of skin bearing fashion statements.. if you can call them that.. will do. you're right it leaves nothing to the imagination!

-ariel* xoxo
www.chiclookxo.com

MizzJ said...

I wonder the same thing! Where can shock value go after people are basically naked all the time? Maybe covered up with become "shocking" when everyone is going bare? One could only hope.

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)