Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Life, Lately

all via instagram @ mariealamode

L-R, top to bottom: Earrings c/o Stella & Dot, my mug in the local newspaper!
Makeup on set, from a commercial I acted in for Global TV a couple of weeks ago
My Western Canada Fashion Week pass, me and Janis
Malorie Urbanovitch's show at Fashion Week, Fashion Week goodies courtesy of Davines
It snowed in April, and then the snow melted. Really fast.
Easter eggs, drinks with my girlfriends at The Next Act

Just a little collage to show you what I've been up to lately! Also, I'm currently deep in the throws of a little bet. On Monday D. told me he would give me $100 if I stayed away from celebrity gossip for a week. Always up for a challenge, I shook on it. See, I have a little confession to make.  Just a sec, this deserves its own paragraph.

I'm the type of person that reads TMZ and People online 5 or 6 times a day and who goes through issues of US Magazine like rolls of toilet paper, the 1 ply kind. I can't help it, celeb gossip is my guilty pleasure! I also watch Access Hollywood, TMZ (the tv show) and sometimes Ellen, maybe a little bit of Entertainment Tonight both the US and Canadian versions, when I get home from work, if I have time. Yeah, I have a bit of a problem, I know. D. doesn't understand my fascination with famous people's personal lives and thinks I should be more involved in catching up on current events, the local and world news, watching movies instead of reality shows or better yet - reading books - so for one week I can't click on or watch anything that has to do with celebs. It's gonna be hard because I'd much rather read about which actress was arrested for DUI  (and more importantly, what was she wearing when it happened?!) than the government cutting local food-safety inspectors in my city but it's been over 36 hours and so far I haven't slipped! D. said to me, "There are so many more interesting things out in the world for you to pay attention to." Which is absolutely true! Wish me luck! I'll report back in a few days. I have 5 more to go.

Also, my friend Janis is hosting a shopping party at Black & Bold this Saturday night. There will be some great deals! I hope to make it down there myself. For more details click here!

Annnnnd I have a little giveaway going on right now with Blue Vanilla Jewelry. Click here to enter!



19 comments:

noone said...

haha I read celebrity gossip all the time too. def a guilty pleasure of mine! and congrats on being in the paper!

Courtney Erin said...

Yeah, I read way too much celeb gossip...I can't help it though, I spent like 10 hrs a day reading academic books and writing so my gossip time is sooo necessary for my sanity (at least that's what I keep telling myself).

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

this free bird said...

You can do it!! Consider it a mind cleanse?

Sandy Joe said...

I absolutely love following you on instagram! Such gorgeous snapshots.

x The Pretty Secrets

Alyssa said...

Good luck! I love celeb gossip! :)
Love the instagram photos!

Alexandra said...

Omg I am EXACTLY the same way! I have such a voracious appetite for celeb gossip. Good luck love, I konw it's hard haha. It can seriously become an addiction.

Alexandra xo

http://tovogueorbust.com/

Catita said...

oh cool, glad to see you hooked on instagram too, its great isn't!? I will be following you and I especially love the contrast pictures with the snow in April and then all melted and obviously those Easter eggs, so colourful!

Unknown said...

I'm on Instagram as well.. love it!

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh looks like you've been having an awesome time! AND EEEP! You're in a newspaper, haha, so fun! :D
(oyyy, good luck with that bet, that's like me and ignoring Harry Potter news, haha)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

LOL! It used to me mine and then i kind of forgot about it everyday, but I still get us weekly...I'm sure you have it in the bag, goodluck

J. said...

lol great post Marie and great pics! Best of luck on the bet :) You can do it!!! Congrats on all of your recent success!
:) J

Bonnie said...

Those Easter eggs are super colorful! I love dying eggs. I did it for the first time this weekend.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Sarah-M. said...

OMG!!!

Great Pictures. I love it <3

http://sarah-fashionable.blogspot.de/

Esther Ivy said...

I want an Iphone so I can use Instagram :| Congrats on being in the paper!xx

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures! ahh Easter eggs! nom nom! Always like these catch up pics haha

Unknown said...

gorg earrings!

Sparrow Lyn said...

Nice blog - I just discovered and will go through it all ! love discovering new blogs.....

Melanie Liliana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie Liliana said...

I just laughed so hard at this post! I'm obsessed with celeb gossip too! I go on people, just Jared, tmz, Perez multiple times a day its so bad but I can't stop! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Melanie

Iambornlippy.blogspot.com

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)